Click To Check Fat Freeze Cost in Singapore
When trying to "lose weight" there is something very important that you should take note of. Losing weight is not synonymous with losing fat. This is because weight loss or gain does not change the number of fat cells in our bodies ones we reach a certain age. When we get slimmer, we actually decrease the size of the fat cells rather than eliminate them completely. A more efficacious method of slenderising has been found, and that is called the CoolSculpting Fat Freeze.
What is CoolSculpting Fat Freeze?
CoolSculpting permanently destroys fat cells using a safe method called Cryolipolysis. Once exposed to cooling, the fat cells get destroyed and begin the body’s metabolic process to remove the destroyed fat cells. This gradually reduces the thickness of the fat layer.
You will not get burned and no extraction is necessary. This procedure is non-invasive as it freezes fat cells in specific areas of the patient’s body without hurting the tissue outside the treatment area.
How efficacious is CoolSculpting Fat Freeze?
The procedure reduces the treated fat by about 20% to 25%. Here is more info about patient satisfaction.
How does it work?
It works in four steps. Here is its mechanism of action:
- Your body has a fixed number of fat cells that get bigger or smaller as you gain or lose weight.
- After the CoolSculpting treatment, stubborn fat cells freeze and die off.
- During the process of cell death, different type of fat cells begin to collapse.
- Over the subsequent weeks after the procedure, other cells consume the dead fat cells. They are naturally processed and eliminated from the body.
How long do results last?
The results are permanent assuming that your weight is maintained.
If an individual gains weight, the fat cells in the body will expand but not grow in number. Their count in the body after the CoolSculpting procedure will practically remain the same.
If your body weight is significantly higher than your target weight (more than 10kg), it is advised that you lose weight first before beginning treatment.
Does this mean CoolSculpting can help me lose weight?
CoolSculpting is a more targeted means for an individual to reach their goal of appearing slimmer. It is not meant to help them lose significant weight.
Additionally, while the procedure helps you appear visually slimmer, the fat cells that are removed are not significant enough in mass to be quantifiable (by the patient).
CoolSculpting will help you look slimmer visually, such as in your clothes.
Can I replicate the fat removal treatment plan by cooling myself with ice?
No, the temperature would not be low enough to eliminate fat cells.
What is the difference between this and Liposuction?
Liposuction removes body fat through surgical methods which are very invasive and can have serious reactions. CoolSculpting is non-invasive and side effects are extremely minor (redness, bruising, tingling and discomfort). For a more in-depth comparison between the two, make sure you read this article on the topic.
Is there any pain felt from the fat freezing treatment?
During the session, the only sensations you will feel are suction and a brief coldness on your skin. You will not experience significant pain, and many patients are comfortable enough to work, read or even take a nap.
Post-treatment, other than a mild ache at the part of treatment, most can resume their usual work, social activities, and exercise with no problem.
How long does the procedure last?
Typically, one session lasts 1-2 hours. This means that the body contouring manipulation can be performed without much disruption to one’s daily schedule.
In summary, what are the benefits of CoolSculpting fat reduction?
- It is non-invasive and involves no needles, surgery or downtime.
- One can resume daily activities including work and exercise, immediately following treatment.
- One can sit or lie comfortably and read, work on their laptop or even nap during the procedure.
- Procedures last about 1-2 hours, so the procedure can easily be performed during a lunch hour or without major disruption to the day.
- The delivery of specific cooling affects only targeted fat cells, leaving adjacent tissue unharmed and intact. There is no damage done to the adjacent cells.
- The results are consistent and reproducible.
- The procedure reduces the number of fat cells in the targeted areas by about 20% to 25%. Ideal cases are those who have fat bulges in the abdomen, love handles, and back fat despite a healthy diet and exercise.